Monday, September 29, 2008

WE COME TOGETHER MAKING CHANCE IN THE STARLIGHT

(I bought this poster for £2.50 today at a Poster sale on campus. Reminds me of my younger years. My mom had a framed version of this in our Trinidad house.)

Leather-jacketed Urchin Paul from downstairs (LJUP): Hey you. I forgot your name again. Sorry. I told you I'm shit with names.
Me: Well...that's okay because I forgot to even remember yours (Security snickers. I stick out my tongue.)
LJUP: Alright, alright, I get it. It's Paul anyways.
Me: Yup. I know. Didn't actually forget it. But you forgot mine...again. It's Kara.
LJUP: Sorry. Gimme the week.
Me: Yes, I shall give you the week in which to forget it.
LJUP: (laughs) You having a nice night?
Me: Well...my dorm smells rank, it's too cold to open the windows and air it out and my heater is broken. Not to mention, I just bought groceries but still have no utensils to eat/drink them with. Clever girl.
LJUP: Aww man. Well...THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!



I like LJUP. We need a new name for him though.


I met these other two guys today, who live in the block adjacent to mine. They walked me home after class because the inter-collegiate bus driver just refused to acknowledge that our grimy campus still exists behind God's back, and didn't wanna drop me there when I asked him. I can pretty much flat out say that I hate him. Anyway, needless to say, as is the usual, they thought I was American and they told me this guy vacated my dorm room a week ago so that's why I got it. Oh dear...Still, after a very tedious 5am email to the accommodation office, nothing has been resolved. I am planning on moving, I think...You can pretty much tell what the temperature's like in here just by looking at my chest.


Also, my free Kill City clothes came. They're hanging about in London...somewhere. UPS called and said I gave them the wrong address (which, naturally, I didn't) and they just emailed me to say I gotta contact them because they're either going to destroy it or send it back. And that would be really tragic because I got a majorly awesome tshirt, and some stone-wash skinny jeans that I pray fit. I will show you the items if/as soon as I get them. Don't wanna go getting my hopes up just yet.


In better news, I have two job interviews tomorrow (Student Editor position and bar job), and if I manage to get both of them there will be much drunken festivity in the night-time. Let's all go to White Heat at Madame Jojo's? It's a really killer time...and I've met the best people there, including a guy who cheated my friend out of some cocaine right in front of the police. Anyway, I'm off to go nick a plate and fork from some unsuspecting flatmate so I can eat something. Here's tonight's playlist:


Homecoming - The Teenagers
Black Hole Sun - Sound Garden
Take Saravá - Silvia Torres
I Want I Want - Digitalism
Once Upon a Time - Air
Time to Pretend - MGMT
Siamese Twins - Siouxsie and the Banshees feat. Robert Smith
Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Free Money - Patti Smith
Sally's Song - Fiona Apple





No comments: