Wednesday, September 17, 2008

NIGHTSHIFT SISTERS AWAIT THEIR NIGHTLY VISITORS

My dad just suited up and went off to work (would kill for his pilot's hat). He'll be back on Sunday. He's doing a flight to Canada tonight. It just occurred to me that I have to man the household with accessories such as a 13 yr old sister, a 17 yr old brother and $1700 AED. I can't tell you how many times I tried to light a menthol and failed just now. Fuckin' matches. Fuckin' $1700 AED. There's still that Zara drug addict coat that I'm pining over that costs only a small but noticeable fraction of that (450 AED). Maybe I can convince everyone else to fast like moi so we can rule out the food spendage, and replace it with a warm fuzziness around my shoulders.


In other news, Panda thinks I can be a Ford model.
Yeah.

I'm currently downloading some much needed rock oldies from the likes of Kiss, Sabbath, Motorhead, Stones, Oyster Cult, et al. I dunno...totally all over that stuff tonight. I have been several parts unproductive and several parts sleepy today, and several other parts nothing else, as the world turns and Cory Kennedy becomes even more popular doing the same. It's just upsetting. My homework is beginning to ferment. I am just seeing all these Facebook status updates of my London peeps jumping back into the collegiate swing of things and moving back into halls again. I can just imagine the antics while I broil in the desert with a pen in my hand tapping a pad with novelist scribbles. Would kill to be having such a time as Sanna and the gang tonight. It's so lame out here during Ramadan. They actually have the audacity to keep bars open and yet no music is allowed. You'd have to be a real drunkorexic to still wanna have a night out. So I've been having my own time at the flat with my dad's liquor cabinet and my ipod. But actually I jest. I have been laying off the alcohol as of late, probably because I'm gearing up for multiple hangovers and expensive phone calls to Panda once in London.

Last song played: China Girl by Bowie...This just reminded me of my 2.5 days in China a couple months ago, tagging along on one of my dad's work trips. I went clubbing with the fresher set of flight attendants who served me champagne hours before, and we partied it down and dirty at Suzie Wong's, a club the concierge informed us was the place to be. They took pictures of me as if I were the 8th Wonder of the fucking world, and vanishing into thin air, fast! (because I was black). Just checked out the website's gallery and am pissed to see that they havent updated it yet with all my blackness. Shit, I mean, even I have a picture of the club photographer in some sort of obscure tit-licking tshirt.
I have quite a few China photogs I've been meaning to put up but it's just such a task for me, as is everything these days, including waking up. I mean, what's the point in waking up if there's no food in the fridge and you're not allowed to eat in public or order takeout before 5 because of Ramadan? Saggy Arabic balls, I tell you, tea-bagging on your parade.

I've got some new chunes and a bag of Peanut M&M's with my name on it now.

No comments: