Friday, September 5, 2008

THE EDITOR'S LETTER : GET DA GOSS

So firstly, the title is the name of a gossip website my new acquaintance Adrian Twist runs. Check it out if the Kardashian and Hilton sisters are your raison d'etre.

Secondly, this post is going to be an explain-all-tell-all summation of all things past, present and future because surprisingly, things have been happening. Hence, The Editor's Letter.

I think firstly would be the emails...
Remember how my uni was all 'tough luck' with me about not getting into campus accommodation? Well, ALL OF A SUDDEN (TWO DAYS AFTER, MIGHT I ADD, and just when I was about to seek refuge at the Int'l Students House) I decided to check my mail.

Dear Kara,
We could offer you a room at Mt Clare since we got some cancellations. Would you like me to?

Regards,
Shaheen.
-----------------------------------------------------
Good stuff. Even though I was hoping Sanna would message me at the last minute and invite me to live with her and her Camden posse, I am still the luckiest motherfucker alive. The only sucky thing about this year (my final year) is that I couldn't grab an ensuite room and so therefore I will be scurrying through the halls wet and towel clad or simply wobbling to hold in a pee. Yes, my lovelies. The only thing worse than living in a dirty chavvy neighbourhood where the only collegiate way to get home is drunk and unsafely, is having shared baths in a dirty chavvy neighbourhood where the only collegiate way to get home is drunk and unsafely.

Another email received was from this rad chick at Rockers NYC, which has me foaming at the mouth and cumming at the mmph!

Hi Kara...
I hope all is epic! I came across your blog and I really like it...so I wanted to offer you free clothing from Kill City. Basically, we have a web campaign called the Kill City 100 where we post pictures of people wearing Kill City linking to their sites. You aren't obligated to blog about Kill City or anything, unless the clothes you get really move you - we are just trying to link our customers to people we think are rad and are doing rad things.


All I need from you is a picture I can put in the gallery for now, and once you receive the clothing, a picture of you wearing it for the gallery. I will set you up a wholesale account, and each season you can order yourself an outfit on us (1 bottom and 1 top). Let me know if you are interested, and if you can point me in the direction of other people you think are doing cool things please let me know! The link to the gallery is below...

-- killcity100@gmail.com
www.killcity.net/kc100.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Epicly wicked full stop. I'm actually more a fan of their men's tees rather than their women's clothing but there are a few feminine pieces I am considering. Check them out. (Fun fact: Jen from Gnarlitude blogs for them).

What else is there...?
OH YA! Ever since I was tagged in this pic of me at Libertine in L.A. for some gig/fashion event I've decided I should invest (dream about investing) in some more heels because my legs are decidedly killer and sexy. Allow me to go mildly wild with Polyvore.



No comments: