Saturday, January 17, 2009

THERE'S A GAP WHERE WE MEET, WHERE I END AND YOU BEGIN


So I've done fuckall this morning and am heading out tonight for a friend's birthday - bar, dinner, drinks at home type of affair. For some reason I felt compelled to make a list of all the books I've covered so far on the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die list INSTEAD of gathering quotes from a text for class, because it's just absolutely ridiculous how many titles I've polished over the last few months. And because it's absolutely fascinating how much blog work I can do when I'm lazy rather than course work.

1. Never Let Me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro
2. On Beauty - Zadie Smith
3. Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
4. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time – Mark Haddon
5. Life of Pi – Yann Martel (posted this to Panda as part of his Christmas package- hope he reads it...before he dies)
6. White Teeth – Zadie Smith
7. Intimacy – Hanif Kureishi
8. The Poisonwood Bible – Barbara Kingsolver
9. The Hours – Michael Cunningham
10. Veronika Decides to Die – Paulo Coelho (I thought I thought this one up first; was going to be my first novel; also best title EVER!)
11. The God of Small Things – Arundhati Roy
12. Memoirs of a Geisha – Arthur Golden
13. The Buddha of Suburbia – Hanif Kureishi (watch this man's every bowel movement -sexy old genius)
14. Love in the Time of Cholera – Gabriel García Márquez
15. Perfume – Patrick Süskind
16. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
17. Interview With the Vampire – Anne Rice
18. The Bell Jar – Sylvia Plath
19. A Clockwork Orange – Anthony Burgess
20. To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
21. On the Road – Jack Kerouac
22. Lolita – Vladimir Nabokov
23. The Story of O – Pauline Réage (literary filth)
24. Lord of the Flies – William Golding
25. Junkie – William Burroughs
26. The Catcher in the Rye – J.D. Salinger (I'm probably the only one who cared naught for this)
27. Animal Farm – George Orwell
28. The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
29. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde – Robert Louis Stevenson
30. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn – Mark Twain
31. Through the Looking Glass, and What Alice Found There – Lewis Carroll
32. Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
33. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll
34. A Sentimental Journey – Laurence Sterne

Wow...pretty lame. I'm SO not well on my way...
I'll do the films one soon.

No comments: