Tuesday, October 28, 2008

YOU'RE STANDING ON MY NECK PT. 2


So Jane Lane it is. It's cheaper, since I pretty much already dress like that. I'm heading over to my aunt's place in Wimbledon in 15 minutes to go pick up my boots and the fake earrings that'll go all the way up my ear (most of my shit is STILL stacked up in boxes in her back room. Anyone have a car?). Then all I need is a black bob wig which I'll cut straight and some maroon-ish lipstick. I ain't Asian, so sue me.

But the funniest thing happened today. I went out to buy groceries and an engagement card for two lovely friends and guess what I find hanging in the WINDOW of Oxfam? I swear. I think Daria was a real person, then she died and her mom decided it was too painful to keep her stuff so she dropped off all her clothes at Oxfam on Putney High Street. I found her green jacket. It was 5 pounds (should I repeat that?). Anyway, I instantly saw it as a sign so I bought it, but then after I did my shopping, I returned it because I realised I would have to buy a black pleated skirt, a wig, AND glasses, whilst for Jane, I pretty much just had to show up. Plus, I would never wear that green jacket again. ever.

So, what else..? Turns out Young's paid me after all, no fuss included after I quit abruptly. good good. And...I'll soon be writing for this new online magazine! Not paid, but whatever. It's based in the Bay so maybe I can work for them after I graduate and move to the US? Maybe? Who knows. I just think this is good.

One of the college bars is having a Halloween thing tonight and my friend who's DJing from 8-10 is pleading for someone to keep him company so I might go along with my Burmese friend, if only she would text me back. If she doesn't, last resort would be 11. I really just feel like doing something tonight. DO SOMETHING TONIGHT! ALL OF YOU! BE FUCKING SPONTANEOUS! I LOVE TONIGHT!

That wasn't me. That was Starbucks.

No comments: