Friday, October 17, 2008

AT LEAST TONIGHT IT SHOULD BE SO

I was supposed to meet The South Africans (new co-worker couple) at the bar tonight; well, the female half because her man's working but we're both off and we get 5% discounts and Thursday night draws questionable crowds. But I stayed home instead to:

a) save some money, even though I should be getting paid tomorrow/today, but let's first see about that, yes? Then, enter weekend carnage.

b) read some more of 'The God of Small Things', which is slowly stepping up its intriguing literary game. Good for it. I was beginning to wonder what the Booker Prize was really on about!

c) read up on a Mr. Andrew Keen's whinings and pinings in 'Cult of the Amateur' -stuff on the rise of bloggers and un-professional, uninformed citizen journalists like myself/yourself, as well as the plight of professional journalism (believe me, the statistics are appalling), proper knowledge and the human attention span, all compliments of the internet. It's for my 'Writing for the Internet' class, and after just the introduction, it's making me a slightly changed user; but maybe that's because he calls us monkeys. Not on.

d) listen to Cocteau Twins, The XX, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Rancid and X

e) pig out on cheesy garlic bread and crispy mushrooms (hmm, it's not really pigging out if there are mushrooms involved, is it? BUT, it WAS breaded) - the delivery guy said I looked different from the last time he saw me. He said I look much sexier. I'm only the messenger, but I reckon it's the easily combable hair and newly waxed eyebrows. That's what 70 pounds gets you, eh?

f) enjoy the working heater in my room, now here, and here to stay, thanks to my firm correspondence

g) give my friend my blessing to get the violin F-holes tattoo I have

h)research US work permits for the near/distant/whichever way you see it future...yeah, more on this some other time i.e. when I actually have a clear morning view of 2009 on the horizon, yuh know?

No comments: