Tuesday, October 7, 2008

SOME CURRENTS...
Current Book(s):
New Moon - teenager-ish vampire chronicles that I am embarassed to sport around town but which are oh so addictive
Black Swan Green - for class

Current Blog(s): Just came across Mafia Hunt; think Gnarlitude, but with more eerie artsy stuffs. Book of Joe is also a very well-informed man. Good stuff.

Current Food: Okonomiyaki; now and forever. And Amai Udon at Wagamama
P.S. I found cheap okonomiyaki at Brick Lane's Sunday Up Market but it's nowhere as satisfying as the expensive type at Abeno Too. And if you don't know what okonomiyaki is...then it's time you seriously questioned your existence.

Current Drink: Iced/Regular Chai Tea Lattes from Starbucks, tons of water and tea.

Currently Excited About: the rest of my third year and living on campus, the vast number of Miyazaki films I have yet to watch, my exploration into the more bizarre and underground cultures of London, my new blazer and fake fur coat.

Current Hangout: Brick Lane venues like Cafe 1001 (one dark, leather-sofa-ed constant rave and poverty haven - £3 Vodka Redbulls?); and Casa Blue; a Bohemian/Meditarranean themed lounge that offered us free exquisite mojitos that surprisingly weren't laced with anything (appropriate review here).

Current Fashion: purple, Zucca, black black black grey black, ridonculously chunky knits, feathers, secondhand/vintage/cheap anything, too many flashy rings, plaid (isn't everyone?), fake fur, leather, zips, spikes, shoes I can't walk in, battered denim, band t-shirts, blazers and everything of mine I haven't worn in a long time.

Current Film: Anything by Hayao Miyazaki

Current Reccommendations:
-Watch Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki
-Buy a ticket to see Lacuna Coil, Rancid and Slipknot in the coming months.
-Read one book a week. It feels good
-Spend a day on Brick Lane
-Get customer satisfaction at all times
-Decorate your room
-Drink lots of water
-Come and tip me at my bar job
-Cover up. It's cold
-Go to a Fetish club
-Have a sleepover with friends

Current Mood: Pizza craving, more Earl Grey tea in a minute, I should really sink into that Elle issue but just not interested, will read more of Black Swan Green tonight, should I watch another Miyazaki film on Veoh, but what about vampire chronicles? mood.

2 comments:

Mrs. M. said...

i've got a site suggestion for you. I am currently head over heels for Tasty Cakes from the Far Out. If you can't find it I have the link on my site under "Slacker Chic Hearts These Sites" I think you will love too.

Kara said...

ahh cool thanks x