Monday, November 24, 2008

THROW DOWN YOUR UMBILICAL NOOSE SO I CAN CLIMB RIGHT BACK

de~sen~si~tize
1.to lessen the sensitiveness of.
2.to make indifferent, unaware, or the like, in feeling.
3.Photography: to make less sensitive or wholly insensitive to light, as the emulsion on a film.
4.Printing: to treat (the design on a lithographic plate) with an etch in order to increase the capacity to retain moisture, and to remove traces of grease.
5.Chemistry: to reduce the sensitivity of (an explosive) to those stimuli capable of detonating it.

I bought this cinder-block sized Oxford dictionary a while ago that I'm just chuffed about. Something I've liked doing forever since I could read whole novels is opening the dictionary to random pages and learning the most attractive words off of it, making notes as I go (I guess I'm a born writer). I'm hurt. I think I also just fucked up a really good Venus razor. I really just want to go to bed, and that really isn't much.
I'm going to a Russian Barbecue today to do my part to save the earth and get drunk off my ass on some Stolichniya while listening to Regina Spektor.

No comments: