Tuesday, November 11, 2008

DEVELOPMENTS

Panda left yesterday via terminal 1. I shopped at Boots in the airport and left without tears this time. Slept well to South Kensington, then even weller to Roehampton on the 430 bus. Ran through the rain and went to bed after a week and a half of Panda/Kara carnage and no sleep. Woke up around 5pm to face Reading Week and my bullet-pointed collegiate schedule for it. So, I think that clears up why I have/and will be posting in a sporadic manner. And for this, I am sorry. But you can't always get what you want. Because if you could, then Panda would still be here keeping me warm through November.

I can't believe less than two weeks has reaped so much to show and tell!
But I can't possibly get into all of it now. As 'Reading Week' suggests, I've gone and turned myself into a Page Master and just lugged home 6 different Journalism and Novel Writing particulars from the LRC to attack cyclone style by Sunday. I'm somehow still managing to squeeze in a little personal reading, and decided to pick up this:
this, which merely attracted me because of the skull on its spine. Otherwise, no matter how many people have told me I look like a Poe reader, AKA morbid and disturbed, I have never felt inclined to pick up the guy's work:
and after Jen's brilliant post on Bukowski a while back, I inhaled this last week, even going so far as reading aloud bits to Panda:



I'm also being forced to read 'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro by next week, which is an extremely lagging and slow novel to start with, but if there's a girl on YouTube acting up this much about it and it's on the 1001 books you must read before you die, then I figure I might as well continue:

And speaking of 1001 books you must read before you die, I think I might just take up that challenge, seeing as my favourite author Hanif Kureishi's work is on there more than once, and since the classes I'm taking this year, as well as my bookworm qualities, gave me a good head start.

So many pictures, so many weirdities, so many new cool buys to show you, but simply not enough time. Hope this holds you up a bit longer. GO READ!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought you might be interested in heading over to Arukiyomi for a copy of the new version of Arukiyomi's 1001 books spreadsheet .

Along with calculating how many books you need to read a year before you die, there's all the 2008 edition books, all those removed from the 2006 edition, links to wikipedia , amazon.com and .co.uk and Google books.