Thursday, October 14, 2010

A GOTHIC ROMANCE


Call it a poor girl's mental block but I've seen this scent just about everywhere before, heard everyone's gushes, even thought the name - Black Orchid - sounded exactly like something that I should be smelling like for the rest of my very dark life, but never bothered to test it out until last night at the mall. And only because I was smelling a tad sweaty from hopping buses all day and about to sit in a darkened theatre with several other people. The Fox - who is taking a shot at courting me once more - and I went on a date and ended up finding our perfect scents - and I presume - each other's perfect christmas gifts, before catching the 8.15 showing of The Devil (yeah, I dunno). His would be Bleu de Chanel and mine would be aformentioned heady otherwordliness. Funny thing is it also smells just like this eggnog-y type drink we guzzle at Christmas time in Trinidad, but made for your neck! I can't quite nail it in writing so just go sniff for yourself next time you hit up the department stores.  


3 things I'm stoked about right now:

Tackling Adrien Brody on the red carpet when he comes here for the gala screening of his latest film 'Wrecked'. The Abu Dhabi Film Festival hits the capital this weekend, baby!

My next swap social happening next week! Business is booming! More later.

Modeling in early November for students at a photography workshop. Save for a few Kill City shots taken by Panda back in the day (and a shoot done two days ago to promote my next swap social), I don't - and am certainly no - model, but I'm thinking why the fuck not? From what it looks like, I'm on a mission to be as out of my element as possible for the rest of 2010 (I just competed in Abu Dhabi's Dragonboat Races, got picked up on by some male high school biology students I was giving an exam to, started a business overnight, and literally just got asked to train with the country's national triathlon team...). So modeling? Piece o cake.


IȾ iϟ Ẇrittɇn.

No comments: