Tuesday, September 7, 2010

MURDER YOUR LITTLE DARLINGS

Yesterday I quit my job.
I feel like this right now....


Last thing you ate: home made pasta

Last thing you drank: chai tea

Last thing you watched: Isao Takahata's 'Grave of the Fireflies'. And I cried and cried and cried. There was a thunderstorm up in my bed last night.

Last thing you bought: some takeout from Bricco Cafe - THE best fast food Italian in town, I have to say. Just waiting until it hits 6.38pm so I can eat it!!! (fasting)
Last thing you returned: An Arabic phrase book
Last thing you dreamt of: running into my now ex-boss at a chinese restaurant cum bowling alley

Last thing you fought with someone about: Honestly? I can't remember the last time I fought with someone.

Last thing you regretted: nothing, but I was thinking if I still had my job, I would probably be able to go to London in October like I had planned.  

Last thing you forgot: how much more exciting life is when you're just wingin' it (yeah, I say that now since I only got paid a week ago)
Last thing you wrote: a resignation letter
Last text you received: I dunno because I lost my phone. AGAIN! And I knew it was going to happen so I didn't splash out a new one, thank FUCK!

Last thing you laughed at: The Fox telling a serious story but with very cute, very flawed English.

Last thing you read: I'm reading a book that's banned here called 'Abu Dhabi: Oil and Beyond'. It's very enlightening. My ex-boss lent it to the team to read hoping it would shed some light on where we're based and where we're writing about. It does, but I no longer work there.

Last thing you felt proud about: having the guts to leave and branch out even before I had a plan. Stupid. But exciting.

Last thing you considered: teaching Creative Writing...

Last person you spoke to: I'm holed up on the couch with my mum catching up. She just got back from trips to Canada and Chicago.
Last thing you saw that you wanted: Kelis' style!

Last thing you stole: some small food items from my mom's kitchen. It's going to be a tough couple months.

Last thing you realised: that I'm actually doing well for someone my age and that I shouldn't freak out so much. I'm 21! I'm just getting started!

Last thing you decided: to take on a couple one-off jobs from my adoring mother until I find my feet. I will now be my mum's personal trainer three times a week, and will double as her style consultant and wardrobe sorter.
 
 
IȾ iϟ Ẇrittɇn.

No comments: