Wednesday, May 12, 2010

EASTERN GLOW

This is where I work. Beautiful, isn't it?

One thing I seriously adore about this city is that there is nowhere you can't lay your weary bones and just appreciate life without people thinking you're a dork and/or a sick gazer. The working class just roll out a scrap of sheet and picnic on the side of the road with friends (no space at home) and the muslims just roll out their prayer mats wherever and whenever they please to keep Allah posted. And when I say wherever and whenever, I mean like stopping their cars at the side of the road during rush hour and genuflecting. Why not? I fucking love that. Just came back from watching an open air movie with The Fox (yes, we're on attempt number 3 and 5 months in), and on our way home I made him lie wth me on the grass at the side of the road. Even though he said 'you know, people spit here. Anyway, I know you'll shower after this' then looked at his watch after I brushed him off with a smile, the five minutes spent gazing up at the glistening facade of my towering building (there weren't any stars to speak of, or look at) made him realise the beauty in my spit and grass madness, and maybe something bigger. He just got home and sent me a text message saying:

'I'm having such a wonderful time with you. You're making my life happier. Thanks for a lovely evening. I love you'

For the record, I'm not showering.


IȾ iϟ Ẇrittɇn.

No comments: